The High Peaks Art Festival is a juried art show : no buy/sell or commercial work is allowed!
Submit no more than four images of your current work. These images are the determining factor in your application. Please take care that they represent you fairly. Applications are available from this website, from the Colorado Artist Tour or from Show Director Cathy Stiers: email@example.com
The show is open to artists who are present to exhibit their original works.* The show is juried to ensure quality. Preference is given to work reflecting the greatest degree of originality, creativity and craftsmanship. Imported and mass produced items will not be permitted. We do not accept hand packaged food items. Misrepresentation on any level will be grounds for removal from the show and future shows. Only merchandise of artists juried and accepted will be allowed in the show. Each participant is responsible for insurance and sale of his or her own art work.
*Spouses or employees of the artist MAY NOT take the place of the artist.
Booth space is 10’ x 10’ and all spaces are located on pavement. The festival will take place behind the Visitor Center in the center of the town parking lot and North Jefferson Street. Security will be provided on both Friday and Saturday nights but we are not responsible for any damage due to theft or weather. Electricity is not available.
Each artist must provide their own display and equipment. Artist must be present during exhibit hours. Exhibitors are required to provide a minimum of 45 lb. per tent leg. NO “ party canopies” are allowed, canopies must be 10x 10 and white. All parts of the display must fit within the limits of the assigned area. This festival is outdoors at an elevation of 8236 feet. Suitable protection from sun, wind and rain is suggested. There is no rain date. Exhibitors are required to stay for the duration of festival.
Artists are requested to check in at Town Square , closest to Hwy 119.
• Friday, June 22nd 12 pm – 5 pm: Check -In Times will be pre-assigned during May.
HIGH PEAKS ART FESTIVAL HOURS:
Saturday, June 23rd: 10am-5pm
Sunday, June 24th: 10am-4pm
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: DEADLINE MARCH 28th
All applications will be juried for quality and categories will be limited to ensure a balanced art show. There will be no more than 20% jewelers, 15% ceramic artists and 10% of all other categories. You must submit a booth image, showing your entire booth, with work visible. Photos will be returned to applicants only if a SASE with adequate postage is included with application. CD’s will not be returned. All notifications will be mailed on or before April 7, 2018. Absolutely no commercial or buy / sell items will be allowed. Booths will be reviewed Saturday morning and any such items will need to be removed immediately.
• Application Fee: $20 deposited upon receipt.
• Booth Fee: $235.00 per 10’x10’. Booth fee is non-refundable for any reason including weather or acts of God.
• Double booths: Limited 10’ x 20’ space is available for $460
• Corner booths: add $20 ( a very limited number are available )
• Shared Booths: Space may be shared with one other artist only. Both artists must be juried into show. Only one booth fee is necessary with a shared booth. Each artist must pay an application fee.
• Sales Tax: Municipal, county, RTD and state taxes will be collected by each exhibitor at a combined rate of 8.735%. A High Peaks Art Festival official will collect taxes on Sunday afternoon, June 24th. Sales tax will be forwarded to the Colorado Department of Revenue on exhibitors’ behalf. You must pay us the taxes, even if you have a Colorado Sales Tax license.